[Zope3-dev] Re: Google SoC Project

Adam Groszer adamg at fw.hu
Tue May 9 08:36:52 EDT 2006

Hello Jim,

Tuesday, May 9, 2006, 1:22:30 PM, you wrote:

[snip]
JF> Python simply does not support a general robust reload, other than
JF> restart.
[snip]

What about pushing the problem then to the lower level, to Python
itself. I think all developers are fighting the same problem, so all
Python developers would benefit from the solution. As I know (that may
be wrong) not many even if any language supports that, so that would
make one big plus point on the Python side also.

As I don't have really deep knowledge of the Python interpreter
itself, I cannot imagine how weird is the idea. Maybe we should ask
Guido to have some thoughts about that.

--
Best regards,
 Groszer Adam