[Zope3-dev] reloading (was Google SoC Project)

whit whit at burningman.com
Tue May 9 11:11:33 EDT 2006

> I'm really not interested in a reload faclity, like the one commonly
> used in Zope 2, that is not robust.  I've wasted too many hours
> helping people debug problems that were caused by reload misshaps.

understood. perhaps intelligently disabling such facilities in Zope 2
might be wise since they are essentially broken right now (with products
using z3 components).

re:limited reloading:

+1. I think the big win for reloading is iterating over code changes
that effect UI directly. in that vein, having limited reload support for
view components (or other similar ui elements) would be a boon to
acceptance and a real aid to devel speed in the land of a million tiny
cuts that is user interface development.

-w