[Zope3-dev] Re: Zope 3 lacks Ajax capability?

Jeff Rush jeff at taupro.com
Mon May 15 14:16:50 EDT 2006

<Jean-Marc Orliaguet wrote:

> do you mean HTTP streaming? http://ajaxpatterns.org/HTTP_Streaming

After reading that excellent article, yes, that is what I mean.  I want to use
Donovan Preston's LivePage technology, which is described in a link from tha
article, under Zope3.

> I recently noticed something that makes it tricky to use zope3 in
> conjunction with Ajax: the request ID computed from the browser via a
> standard HTTP request/response pattern is different from the id obtain
> with XMLHttpRequest calls - which makes it rather tricky to use zope3
> session id with Ajax (the same browser is seen as 2 different browsers).

I'm not sure what issues are tricky, but LivePage uses a
?id=<sessionid>-<incrementingconnectioninteger>, rather than just the session
id, so that you can have the same page open in multiple tabs, each with their
own link back to the server.

> maybe setting up a page on the z3 wiki that lists current "issues" with
> Ajax could be a good start?

I'll consider that, if there is interest.  I think Ajax support is pretty
important these days.

-Jeff