[Zope3-dev] image libraries implementation in zope3 ?

gawel gawel75 at gmail.com
Sat May 27 11:30:04 EDT 2006

Hi,

2006/5/26, dev at projekt01.ch <dev at projekt01.ch>:

> Hi Benji
>
> [...]
> > gawel wrote:
> > > image transformation is a common task for web developpers.
> > > i've created a package to make them stop reinventing the wheel each
> > > time they need to resize an image or something else.
> >
> > -0, I don't quite see the need to abstract away image
> > manipulation libraries.

As a simple example, at home i'm using PIL but on my production server i'm
using IM.
With this abstract i only need to configure my site.zcml to use the correct
library instead of rewriting the code each time i update my products :)

Could be useful but we can't have it in the Zope3 core
> because of it's dependency to PIL and ImageMagick.

agree

I guess the right thing is to put it in a additional repos
> like z3c.

+1

--
Gael