[Zope3-dev] Re: adaptation based on class rather than interface

Martin Aspeli optilude at gmx.net
Mon Nov 13 17:08:19 EST 2006

Jean-Marc Orliaguet wrote:

> but conceptually it is the same mess :-) i.e. a total lack of
> specification. It only looks nicer with interfaces.

So, in other words (and in summary of previous blog posts):

  - New techniques complement, rather than completely replace, old
techniques
  - New techniques do not absolve you from thinking about design
  - New techniques used appropriately can bring benefits
  - New techniques misused where old techniques would be better can
cause problems

Pearls. I'm not sure anyone argued otherwise, though. :)

Martin