[Zope3-dev] Re: adapter registration question

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Thu Nov 16 02:52:06 EST 2006

Jean-Marc Orliaguet wrote:
> once you have that utility / adapter you should be able to call it like:
>
>   converter = getAdapterFor(123, type=IToStringConverter)
>   strResult = converter.convert(123)

Not quite, what I'm looking to do is more along the lines of:

mystr = getAdapter(123,str)

(where "str" is the interface I'm looking for here)

> PS: calling '123' an adapter is really bending concepts.

Yes, this is a mistake, I believe this should always be referred to as
"the adapted value" or the suggestion Dieter made...

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk