[Zope3-dev] Re: wading through zcml...

Shane Hathaway shane at hathawaymix.org
Thu Nov 16 18:50:25 EST 2006

Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
> Shane Hathaway wrote:
>> Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
>>> browser:view
>>>    Like zope:view, except:
>>>
>>>      * the request type (second adapted object) defaults to
>>>        IBrowserDefaultLayer
>>>
>>>      * the "permission" always applies to 'publishTraverse',
>>>        'browserDefault' and '__call__' attributes, in addition to the
>>>        optionally specified "allowed_attributes" or "allowed_interface"
>> So, is a browser:view publishable, like a browser:page?
>
> No. That's why you can't open URLs like http://.../anobj/@@absolute_url
> (like you can in Zope 2) because absolute_url is a view, but one that's
> not publishable.

Well, actually there's a browser:page directive on the Zope 3 trunk that
makes @@absolute_url publishable.

However, I'm wondering what browser:page does to make something
publishable, that browser:view doesn't do.  It's pretty hard to wade
through zope.app.publisher.browser.viewmeta to figure it out.  Is it
some magic attribute, some behind-the-scenes registration...?

Shane