[Zope3-dev] Can an adapter find out what name it was registered for?

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Thu Nov 16 18:35:46 EST 2006

Hi All,

Can a named adapter find out the name it was registered with during the
adaptation process?

This is the only way I can think to do it, but results in the thing
calling methods on the adapter passing in the name to every method call
to get the information across, which seems a bit clunky to me:

for name,adapted in getAdapters((someobj,),ISomething):
    adapted.doSomething(name)

Other ideas greatfully received!

cheersm

Chris