[Zope3-dev] Re: browser widgets: items widgets and label tags

yuppie y.2006_ at wcm-solutions.de
Thu Nov 23 06:53:26 EST 2006

Hi Fred!

You vetoed my first proposal, so please let me know if I was able to
convince you that it is the best short term solution. Or if you are at
least fine with my alternative proposal.

yuppie wrote:

> This is what I propose:
>
> - I'll fix the issue in Zope 3.2, 3.3 and trunk by making the current
> contract explicit and by changing the widgets that don't fulfill that
> contract.
>
> - Everybody is welcome to propose a more sophisticated solution for Zope
> 3.4. That might include new features like focusControlId.
>

> If you still object to this, I'd alternatively volunteer to fix the bug
> in Zope 3.2, 3.3 and trunk this way:
>
> - Adding a new interface IWidgetControlInformation with one new
> attribute called labelControlId.
>
> - Making sure the widgets in zope.app.form implement it and zope.formlib
> uses it.

Not fixing this at all is definitely the worst solution. So if nobody
speaks up, I assume it is fine if I fix it as proposed.

Cheers,

	Yuppie