[Zope3-dev] OrderedMultiSelectWidget problem reloaded

Adam Groszer adamg at fw.hu
Fri Nov 24 02:34:42 EST 2006

Hi Dominik,

That was quite a long time ago, I'm trying to dig the pieces together.

> Afterwards I have seen that Adam reported already
> OrderedMultiSelectWidget problems
> (http://www.zope.org/Collectors/Zope3-dev/451).
> This issue was deferred by Jim. I spent a few hour to track down the
> problems on Zope 3.3.0 and produced the attached patch.

That was deferred, because I told that I can live with that current
problem:
"""
On 2005-12-02, we agreed on IRC to make this a low priority issue as
it was not that easy to solve and Gary came up with the following:

(crystalBall == me)
http://zope3.pov.lt/irclogs/%23zope3-dev.2005-12-02.log.html

crystalBall     Theuni, several people say that the widget framework
needs some refactoring     [19:08]
GaryPoster      crystalBall: definitely.  I've started a new one and
need time to return to it.  I've gotten permission to spend just a bit
of time on it in December, and hopefully will have it as an alternate
choice ready in 2006.  Getting by is the thing to do now.     [19:10]
GaryPoster      crystalBall: 'definitely': needs refactoring (or
redoing IMO)   [19:10]

I don't think that anybody solved the problem, but I can live with
that.
"""

> Are people interested to resume this issue or not? Are there any
> objections in relation to the proposed patch?

I'll say if it breaks no existing code, I'll vote for put them into the
trunk.

--
Best regards,
 Adam                            mailto:adamg at fw.hu
--
Quote of the day:
Infidelity is seated in the heart; its origin is not in the head. It is the wish that Christianity might not be true, that leads to an argument to prove it.