[Zope3-dev] Re: Can an adapter find out what name it was registered for?

Benji York benji at zope.com
Mon Nov 27 11:17:11 EST 2006

Chris Withers wrote:
> I don't think it'll be a common pattern, but it doesn't feel right to me
> that a named adapter (ie: one registered with a specific name) has no
> way of finding out what name it has been registered with...

Because the same adapter can be registered more than once, it would
actually need to find out all the names with which it was registered.

This seems somewhat analogous to a Python object being given multiple
names.  In that case too, there is no way for the object to know what
it's names are.
--
Benji York
Senior Software Engineer