[Zope3-dev] provider: adapter doesn't support nocall:?

Roy Mathew roymath at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 29 18:59:25 EST 2006

Hi all,

I find that the provider syntax doesn't allow a nocall:
specifier. ie: the following tal syntax fails, because regardless of
the nocall: modifier, the provider: is rendered at once, and you
end up calling render on a string. Is this a bug?

     tal:content="obj/render"/>

My intent is to call the update at a separate place from the
render. How else might I achieve this? I can only think of
explicitly getting the provider in python code, like so

    vmgr = zope.component.getMultiAdapter(
      (self.context, self.request, self),
      IViewletManager, name='q2d-prov')

and doing the the update and render separately.

Thanks,
Roy