[Zope3-dev] Re: Grrr. zope.org wikis are evil.

Simon Michael simon at joyful.com
Sat Oct 7 16:49:34 EDT 2006

+1, they are an embarrassment.

I am available to migrate them into the modern era, fix the broken
configuration, etc. I would also support someone who wants to extract the
content to moinmoin/mediawiki/svn if that were decided, though I think that
would be sad :) (or not! better than moldering along for another few
years). I can see why trac is also attractive.

Jim, I'm about to oversimplify and sound ungrateful and hopefully out of
date. Here it is: I honestly do not understand why you have not at some
point made it your business to do something about zope.org ? My thinking
goes like this: you invented zope, you are a principal of ZC, you have the
root password on that server; we out here can do a lot, but without that
power we essentially can't cure zope's crufty web presence. Specifically,
I'm talking (in this thread) about getting one of the key tools used to
publish Zope documentation upgraded or replaced. I've almost lost interest
at this point. Not that I  matter so much, but I'm at least somewhat
representative.

Forgive me for ranting to you of all people, who has given us such
beautiful work. I'd like to understand better.