[Zope3-dev] Grrr. zope.org wikis are evil.

Fred Drake fdrake at gmail.com
Sun Oct 8 23:20:38 EDT 2006

On 10/7/06, Jim Fulton <jim at zope.com> wrote:
> There's a Zope 3 port of zwiki.

There's http://svn.zope.org/zwiki/.  I just checked it out into a Zope
3 trunk checkout, added in a bit of configuration, and poked at it.
My first impression is that it's more than a little raw.

> - HTML WYSIWYG Wikis that don't use any form os structures text (small s)
>    and just use an HTML editor.  I think that structured text of any kind
>    is an obstacle to Wiki use.  Moin moin's markup rules drive me as batty
>    as old Structured Text drives other people.  ZWiki supports EPOZ
>    editing and I'd love to see that used.  Of course, this sort of experience
>    avoids the need for preview or structured-text documentation.

Didn't someone write one like this for Z3?  Possibly as part of a
zope3.org thing?  I now vaguely recall something being done, but
that's about all I remember.

  -Fred

"Every sin is the result of a collaboration." --Lucius Annaeus Seneca