[Zope3-dev] how to override zope.app.securitypolicy sanely

Adam Groszer adamg at fw.hu
Wed Oct 11 06:11:55 EDT 2006

Hi,

For our application the standard securitypolicy was fine.
Until today. Now a requirement came up that the object permissions
have to depend _also_ on an object state (the object's property).
As I checked my friend is the zope.app.securitypolicy.zopepolicy.py.
Securitypolicy gets set in the instance/etc/securitypolicy.zcml:
<securityPolicy
    component="zope.app.securitypolicy.zopepolicy.ZopeSecurityPolicy" />

So I'll have to write a custom securitypolicy based on the zopepolicy.
Modify the securitypolicy.zcml.
But that will override the policy for the whole instance.

My concern is how to override the policy just for a sub-folder/site?
The _defaultPolicy seems to be very-very global.
Any ideas?

--
Best regards,
 Adam                          mailto:adamg at fw.hu
--
Quote of the day:
Many people today don't want honest answers insofar as honest means