[Zope3-dev] Test Layers

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Tue Oct 17 06:14:08 EDT 2006

Hi All,

Am I right in assuming that there aren't any good narrative docs for
test layers?

I've read the relevant text files in zope.testing but am none the wiser...

I found an article of Philipp's here which helped a bit:

http://www.z3lab.org/sections/blogs/philipp-weitershausen/2006_03_10_death-to-zopetestcase

I've also found this on ZopeWiki:

http://zopewiki.org/TestLayersHowTo

I think the latter would be good to bash into a doctest and included
into the zope.testing documentation. Do others agree?

Now, related to this, say I have content objects X and Y, which are
expensive to set up. I have LayerX which sets up a sample content object
X, and LayerY which does the same for content object Y. This is fine for
tests which need one or other content type, but how do I write tests
which need both?

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk