[Zope3-dev] formlib configuration

Tim Terlegård tim at se.linux.org
Sat Oct 21 16:05:11 EDT 2006

What is the recommended way to redirect to some page after a formlib form is
submitted or cancelled? Is it perhaps to override the action method?

I don't find any directives for formlib. Are there any? I think
redirection is a common task and to me it would make sense to have
configuration directives for that.

<formlib:addform
    for="zope.app.folder.interfaces.IFolder"
    name="addEvent"
    schema="mypackage.interfaces.IEvent"
    class="mypackage.browser.forms.EventAddForm"
    action_success="/index.html"
    action_cancel="/index.html"
    />

Something like this perhaps? If class is missing a form is created
automatically without any code. There should probably be a factory there
as well then. If the form is submitted and correctly validated, the user
will be redirected to /index.html.

Is this stupid or is it just that noone else stepped up and developped
it yet?

Are people using something else other than formlib? By looking at
svn.zope.org I see it's a year since someone commited something. Is it
really that bug free?  :)

Tim