[Zope3-dev] More eggification: zope.lifecycleevent, zope.location

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Sun Oct 22 11:58:47 EDT 2006

Baiju M wrote:
> Hi,
>    Can any please review this:
> http://svn.zope.org/zope.lifecycleevent/
> http://svn.zope.org/zope.location/
>
> zope.location depends on zope.app.component (ISite interface)
> How to make eggs for zope.app.component ?
> Any example zope.app.* egg ?

I don't have time to look at these, but I'll make some general comments.

I think that, at least in the short term, we'll need a zope.app egg that
included zope.component.  I would define the boundary of the zope.app egg
based on the contents of Packages.cfg file in the src/zope/app directory.

IMO, we need to make zope.app a namespace package, so that we can package
the other packages in zope.app.  I think, based on experience over the
last release cycle, that moving packages out of zope.app is going to be
too disruptive.

I'm working on a set of ZCML proposals that will, among other things, allow
us to make zope.app a namespace packages.  I'll try to get these posted today.