[Zope3-dev] Re: RFC: Zope Configuration Egg Support

Rocky Burt rocky at serverzen.com
Mon Oct 23 08:50:59 EDT 2006

On Mon, 2006-23-10 at 08:46 -0400, Tres Seaver wrote:

> Benji York wrote:
> > Jim Fulton wrote:
> >> Perhaps we should change the package option so that it uses the
> >> pkg_resources
> >> API to load ZCML files from packages.
> >
> > +1  I'd prefer not having to specify if the source was an egg or just a
> > "normal" package.
>
> +1 here as well, because it avoids breaking user-edited ZCML for the
> "simple" case (a package which used to be installed traditionally is now
> installed as an egg).  The rarer cases (namespace packages, or those
> whose egg names don't match their package names) may still require the
> extra syntax.

+1 here too.  After looking at the pkg_resources api ...
http://peak.telecommunity.com/DevCenter/PkgResources#resourcemanager-api

it seems the ZCML loader could just use
``ResourceManager.resource_stream`` to parse the ZCML.

- Rocky

--
Rocky Burt
News About The Server (blog) -- http://www.serverzen.net