[Zope3-dev] RFC: Zope Configuration Egg Support

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Mon Oct 23 10:06:37 EDT 2006

On 10/23/06, Jim Fulton <jim at zope.com> wrote:
> If an egg installs a package and if the package isn't a namespace
> package, and if the egg isn't zipped, then yes, the package mechanism
> will work.

Ick. That's a lot of "if"s...

> > Because you then get the problem if you switch between an egg version
> > and a non-egg version of a module...
>
> I don't know what you are getting at.

Well, if you have to say "egg" when it's a zipped egg and "package"
when it's a package, then you can't support both at one time, which
means that to support the egg you have to use <include egg=".." /> and
then it stops working if it's not an egg. This is basically bad,
although I guess it's acceptable if these are very unusual
circumstances (which seems to be what people are saying further down
in this thread).

CPS Content Management     http://www.nuxeo.org/