Fwd: [Zope3-dev] Re: RFC: Zope Configuration Egg Support

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Mon Oct 23 10:28:05 EDT 2006

Fred Drake wrote:
> Resending; something went wrong along the way...

So I guess for loading configuration files, it uses a more general API.
I think this is good for the case where we load from a package.

I think we need to think harder about the file-access API.  I'm not sure
what the point of making file references string subclasses is.  Some other
questions on the file-resource API:

- What is the basepath argument to the new method used for?

- What is the "context" of the caller to packageReference?

Finally, we need to be able to deal with some cases that pkg_resources
will deal with that I think the API you used won't, namely:

- setuptools namespace packages, and