[Zope3-dev] Re: Tracking eggification of zope.* packages

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Thu Oct 26 07:08:36 EDT 2006

Baiju M wrote:
> On 10/24/06, Baiju M <baiju.m.mail at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>          I have created a proposal to _tack eggification_ of zope.*
>> packages,
>> which is already started.
>>
>> http://zope3.zwiki.org/EggificationOfZopePackages
>>
>> May be I should change the status as IsInformational ?
>>
>> Buildout support for individual packages are not included in this
>> proposal.
>> I think it can be another proposal.
>
> I have chaged this proposal also to track zc.buildout support for
> zope.* packages.
> But I am not sure zc.buildout support is a release goal of Zope 3.4?

My plan is to base 3.4 on buildout.

As far as buildout support for individual packages, that's up to the
package maintainers.  I do think a goal should be to be able to
run each packages tests independently (with the packages dependencies
of course).  This is a good way to make sure the dependencies are complete
and also eases development, in my experience. Buildout makes this
easier to do.