[Zope3-dev] Re: [Checkins] SVN: zope.fssync/trunk/ Initial commit of zope.fssync for eggification.

Baiju M baiju.m.mail at gmail.com
Sun Oct 29 22:44:29 EST 2006

On 10/29/06, Benji York <benji at zope.com> wrote:
> Baiju M wrote:
> > Log message for revision 70964:
> >   Initial commit of zope.fssync for eggification.
>
> I'm really glad to see so much work being done on eggification, but am a
> little concerned as to the mechanics.   I'm worried that if dozens of
> packages are separated out before they are actually knit into Zope
> proper, we'll get drift between the two.
>
> It would seem to make more sense to eggify one or a few packages and get
> them properly working in the core, and then go from there.

zope.fssync and some other packages are not distributed with Zope 3.
In fact I am preparing another proposal to move these packages to
another location
in subversion [1].
So, if I do the eggification of those packages now itself, it will be
easier for implementing that proposal.
Remember, spring cleanup is another release goal of Zope 3.4.

[1] http://kpug.zwiki.org/RemovalOfNonDistributedPackages

Regards,
Baiju M