[Zope3-dev] Re: [Checkins] SVN: zope.fssync/trunk/ Initial commit of zope.fssync for eggification.

Benji York benji at zope.com
Mon Oct 30 10:22:58 EST 2006

Baiju M wrote:
> On 10/29/06, Benji York <benji at zope.com> wrote:
>> I'm really glad to see so much work being done on eggification, but am a
>> little concerned as to the mechanics.   I'm worried that if dozens of
>> packages are separated out before they are actually knit into Zope
>> proper, we'll get drift between the two.
>>
>> It would seem to make more sense to eggify one or a few packages and get
>> them properly working in the core, and then go from there.
>
> zope.fssync and some other packages are not distributed with Zope 3.

That doesn't answer my question, for two reasons.  There are still
duplicate copies of the code.  I suspect we should be removing the code
from the core tree as the packages are separated out (of course we have
to have a story for people who use those packages from the trunk first).

Also, there are several packages that have been copied that /are/
included in the core.
--
Benji York
Senior Software Engineer