[Zope3-dev] PyCon 2007 web frameworks panel

Martijn Faassen faassen at infrae.com
Tue Oct 31 13:54:41 EST 2006

Jim Fulton wrote:
> Benji York wrote:
>> Titus Brown is putting together a web framework panel for the next
>> PyCon: http://us.pycon.org/TX2007/WebFrameworksPanel.
>
> I just stuck my name on this. :)
>
> If someone else wants badly to do this, I'm willing to yield.
> In any case, I'd like to represent some other people's opinions.

I'm happy to see you do this. I can't make it to that PyCon, unfortunately.

As to representing other people's opinion:

Talk about Grok. Better yet, show Grok code. By that time, we should be
quite a way with it, supporting most Zope 3 features out of the box. I
think Grok does quite well in the simplicity and developer productivity
departments. Simplicity and developer productivity is something that is
heavily advocated for some other Python web frameworks. Zope 3 had a bit
of trouble to keep up with that. With Zope Grok, no more trouble.

[snip]
> I think I'll set up a Wiki page to describe some of my ideas
> and to solicit others.

Okay, let us know.

Regards,

Martijn