[Zope3-dev] Re: registerUtility(component, interface) vs provideUtility(interface, component) vs provideUtility(component, interface)

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Tue Sep 5 08:14:19 EDT 2006

On Tuesday 05 September 2006 07:55, Jim Fulton wrote:
> On Sep 2, 2006, at 5:33 AM, Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
> > The order of arguments is the same. I think Jim wants the
> > convenience functions in zope.component (provide*) to go away in
> > favor of the explicit spelling through the global site manager. I
> > think that before we do that, we should first abolish the term
> > "site manager" from the zope.component API (because we don't call
> > it site manager anymore).
>
> Yup.

Since we are at it, I would love to have z3c.baseregistry in the core for Zope
3.4. Jim, I would like you to review it  It is a pretty small package, so it
should not take long.

As a side note: I noticed the difficulty of writing about the "components
registry" or just "components". I think this is somewhat facilitated by the
fact that the module is called "*registry.py" and the classes "*Components".

Regards,
Stephan
--
Stephan Richter