[Zope3-dev] Re: Zope 3 as a reliable platform?!?

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Tue Sep 5 08:16:10 EDT 2006

On Sep 2, 2006, at 1:03 PM, Tres Seaver wrote:
> Insulating non-core developers from this kind of churn is what the
> "façade" module 'zapi' was orignally for.

That isn't my recollection. zapi was introduced as an experiment to
make imports simpler.  This was done in the days when we used contxt
wrappers heavily and there were a whole lot of context-wrapper
related APIs that had to be used.  When we got rid of the context
wrappers, there were fw methods in zapi that were used anymore.  Most
of those were the component APIs and getting those from
zope.component rather than ztapi made the code less Zope dependent,
which was a good thing.

CTO 				(540) 361-1714			http://www.python.org