[Zope3-dev] Zope 3 as a reliable platform?!?

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Tue Sep 5 15:33:42 EDT 2006

On Tuesday 05 September 2006 15:03, Fred Drake wrote:
> On 9/5/06, Dieter Maurer <dieter at handshake.de> wrote:
> > When I remember right, then I read an important sentence in the
> > Python style guide -- something along the lines: "This is a guide:
> > you should follow it but there are occasions when you may not do so with
> > good reasons."
>
> I don't know if this means you agree or not.
>
> I don't think this paragraph really applies to this discussion.  Jim
> suggested that we change the Z3 style guide, and I'm suggesting that
> that's counter-productive.  Clearly, existing code isn't affected
> immediately, and APIs can't be changed anyway.

BTW, we discussed this quiet heavily on #zope3-dev.

I think at the end Jim and I agreed that the zope.* namespace should follow
and keep following the current Zope 3 style guide. Other namespaces, such as
zc, z3c, lovely, etc can choose their own style guide but must be consistent
within the namespace. While Jim never acknowledged this final wording, I
consider silent as consent. :-)

Regards,
Stephan
--