[Zope3-dev] Re: pydoc troubles

Michael Haubenwallner michael at d2m.at
Fri Sep 8 04:23:23 EDT 2006

Michael Haubenwallner wrote:
> i have a small problem using pydoc to look at the Zope3 source, namely
> zope.proxy and modules where zope.proxy is included:
>
> running "pydoc2.4 zope.proxy" or "pydoc2.4 zope.proxy._zope_proxy_proxy"
> from the shell yields
>
> problem in zope.component - ImportError:
> /path/to/Zope3/src/zope/proxy/_zope_proxy_proxy.so: undefined symbol:
> PyUnicodeUCS2_AsEncodedString

Sorry, my fault -- its been different python versions that created the
problem (thanks to baijum for pointing this out in IRC), i should have
looked closer.

Anyway, using the right paths i get back to where i initially started:
the package information is not displayed for several packages

pydoc displays package information on zope.proxy, zope.component,
zope.interface for example like this:

-----
Help on package zope.component in zope:

zope.component = <module 'zope.component' from
'/path/to/Zope3/src/zope/component/__init__.pyc'
-----

I'd really like to make Zope3 code look good and complete from pydoc.

Thanks for your hints again
Michael

--
http://zope.org/Members/d2m