[Zope3-dev] Re: Zope 3.2 maintenance

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Mon Sep 11 10:09:19 EDT 2006

Jim Fulton wrote:
> I agree in principle.  In practice, I'm not sure we have enough
> maintainers to get a release out, let alone maintain two previous
> release branches. :(   We need more volunteers.
>
> If we want to maintain releases for a year, I suspect we need to release
> once a year.

I did Zope 3.2.1 mostly because some formlib fixes were needed in Zope
2.9. I'm prepared to do more Zope 3.2.x releases as they are necessary.
People just need to backport their fixes.

That they haven't done this is also partially the fault of the "checkin
police" (which I count myself a member of ;)). I'll be more attentive in
the future. I'm prepared to do this mercilessly (also for older
bugfixes), the question is whether we shall adopt this policy now or not.

Philipp