[Zope3-dev] Re: give ability to get rid of deprecated code

Gary Poster gary at zope.com
Mon Sep 11 20:39:52 EDT 2006

On Sep 11, 2006, at 5:22 PM, Florent Xicluna wrote:

> Florent wrote:
>
>> I propose to patch the 'trunk' in order to allow removing of these
>> packages.
>> Here are the  proposed changes:
>> - catch 'ImportError' when we make use of zope.app.skins
>> - introduce ZCML feature 'deprecatedlayers' which is 'on' by default
>>   and can be disabled
>> - add a 'zcml:condition="have deprecatedlayers"' on each <layer>
>> directive
>>

> Below is the tested patch.
>
> -- Florent

Hi Florent.  Thanks for this work.  While I agree with Benji that it
would be great if you could direct your general efforts in the
direction of eggs, I think that the changes you list here look quite
reasonable.  I also think that the goal of making these packages more
independent fits in quite nicely with the egg-ification efforts.

+1 for this to go in the trunk.  Hopefully this will spur someone
else to give your patch an evaluation.

Gary