[Zope3-dev] Re: Roadmap for Zope 3.4

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Tue Sep 12 06:58:55 EDT 2006

Martijn Faassen wrote:
>> That doesn't mean we should postpone a final release over and over
>> again, just because we don't have the resources. In fact, because we
>> don't have the resources, we should release a final anyway and catch
>> up with bugs in, well, bugfix releases :).
>
> Yes, the whole idea is that we never will have enough resources, so we
> just make do with what we have. The other idea is that it's easier to
> garner resources when you actually have a release in sight. I *think*
> the latter has been working at least to some extent for Zope, but we
> risk losing our credibility if it doesn't actually result in a release.
> You get the "Oh well, I'll participate in the bug day next week." effect.

My sentiments exactly.

If we decide to stick with the November release, 3.4/2.11 will be very
very unambitious. I don't think 2.11 is any different from 2.10, except
that some BBB code is to be removed. That makes me wonder: perhaps we
should set the next release date for 6 months from now (March), like
Andreas suggested on zope-dev at zope.org.

Philipp