[Zope3-dev] Roadmap for Zope 3.4

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Tue Sep 12 07:18:11 EDT 2006

On 9/12/06, Martijn Faassen <faassen at infrae.com> wrote:
> What about a policy where we fix bugs until the release date, and then
> on the release date, we actually release? Any bugs that are still in it
> are going to go with it.

I totally agree. My feeling is that the x.x.0 release this time will
be at least as stable as a x.x.1 release normally, maybe even more
stable. Of course, it's bad to have to release a x.x.0 release to find
bugs, but not enough people outside the developer world will actually
install a beta or RC for that to be realistic.

Remember: If all the tests pass, it's ready for a release! :-)

Also, it seems to me that slippage is worse because we slip until we
slip into vacation, which makes us slip even more. I even have the
feeling that people go "It's xmas soon, Iäll fix it then" and of
course you end up sleeping through xmas and eating too much instead of
programming. I know I do. :)

So, I'm more for a March/September cycle for these reasons.