[Zope3-dev] Roadmap for Zope 3.4

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Tue Sep 12 10:44:08 EDT 2006

On Sep 12, 2006, at 10:33 AM, Christian Theune wrote:
>>> - I think we want a release manager.
>>
>> You're a genius!  I'll just snap my fingers.
>
> What happened after you snapped? :)

You became the release manager. Welcome aboard!

> Does the application of irony indicate that we (I) should get over it
> and ignore the problem (for now)?

No, only that talk is cheap.  I apologize for the irony.  This talk
of  "just release whatever we have on date X no matter what shape
it's in and ignore all the other issues we have" puts me in a ornery
mode, the best side of which is irony.

> Do we want to find a way how to go
> without a release manager?

No.

> I don't like agreeing that there is an open
> end and than just letting the discussion about it die somewhere. I
> just
> wanted to be explicit.

I'm happy to discuss solutions.  I've mentioned some ideas.  I just
can't accept a fixed release schedule that sacrifices quality.

>>> - Make it easier (or make it better understood how) to make
>>> releases.
>>
>> +1 MakingARelease spells it out pretty clearly.  There are a lot of
>> issues here that I don't want to bring into this thread.
>
> New thread then?

Yeah, but not now.

CTO 				(540) 361-1714			http://www.python.org