[Zope3-dev] Re: Default zope.conf DB setup

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Wed Sep 13 10:56:36 EDT 2006

Stephan Richter wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I just noticed that zope.conf.in has now the following entry:
>
> <zodb>
>   <demostorage>
>   <zeoclient>
>   server localhost:8100
>   storage 1
>   cache-size 20MB
>   </zeoclient>
>   </demostorage>
> </zodb>
>
> This means that ZEO has to start up to run Zope after a default check
> out/download. When I had no network connection in a hotel last week, I could
> not start up Zope because ZEO would not get some network thing going.
>
> I think this is really unfortunate and I propose to change this back to the
> old version:
>
> <zodb>
>   <filestorage>
>     path Data.fs
>   </filestorage>
> </zodb>
>
> Comments?

Yes, of course. It looks like Theuni accidentally committed his
zope.conf.in in these revisions:

   http://svn.zope.org/?rev=69553&view=rev (3.3 branch)
   http://svn.zope.org/?rev=69554&view=rev (trunk)
   http://svn.zope.org/?rev=69599&view=rev (trunk)

These need to be reverted for zope.conf.in.

Christian, if you want to customize zope.conf.in, just copy it to
zope.conf. That's why the file is suffixed with '.in' in the first place
(fallback for when you don't have your own zope.conf).

Philipp