[Zope3-dev] Re: Default zope.conf DB setup

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Mon Sep 18 06:55:29 EDT 2006

On Sep 16, 2006, at 5:02 AM, Christian Theune wrote:
> *If* someone else had that problem too, I'd propose to change away
> from
> the fallback of using zope.conf.in (we force people to create the
> principals too, don't we?)

This problem hasn't happened very often.  I would find having to copy
the .in
files to be very annoying unless it was automated in some way.  Early
on, the
.in files were changing often enough that you really didn't want to
make a
copy of them as you'd miss changes.

I'm for leaving things the way they are for now.  A change I'd like
to see instead, later,
is to require people to create an instance, possibly as part of the
building process.
I'd rather not invest time in that, however, until we have an egg-
based checkout/distribution
mechanism.

CTO 				(540) 361-1714			http://www.python.org