[Zope3-dev] Re: zope.interface.Interface.(isImplementedBy vs implementedBy)

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Wed Sep 20 05:48:09 EDT 2006

Chris Withers wrote:
> Florent Xicluna wrote:
>>
>> Gone in 3.4
>> http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope3-checkins/2006-September/028478.html
>
> Any idea which version of Zope 2 that corresponds to?

2.11, to be released next year (May or so).

> Chris - hey, isn't it time we merged the Zope 2 and Zope 3 code bases?

*sigh*

I think that after eggifying Zope 3 in 3.4 and introducing some features
in Zope 2.11 that makes us not depend on Zope2isms like Acquisition
(while they'd still be available for those who want to use them), we
should invest into the Zope 5 vision: explode Zope 3 and make Zope 2 the
app server for both worlds, perhaps called "Zope 5", perhaps not.