[Zope3-dev] Re: zcml questions

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Thu Sep 21 11:52:28 EDT 2006

On Sep 21, 2006, at 11:31 AM, Stephan Richter wrote:

> On Thursday 21 September 2006 09:15, Tres Seaver wrote:
>> I've wanted it.  My major beef with the way we are *using* ZCML
>> now is
>> that we expect package authors to provide policy-laden
>> configuration for
>> their packages ("sensible defaults") but provide no means for the
>> admin
>> to reuse that configuration selectively;  their only realy choice
>> is to
>> *copy* the configuration and edit it.
>
> This has been proposed and approved, but implementation has been
> delayed due
> to missing XPath features.
>
> http://www.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ComponentArchitecture/
> ZCMLEnhancements

I have a feeling that xpath is overkill.  It alsoi won't work for
actions defined in Python.

I'd rather see some sort of identifier system.  So, when actions are
created, they can have identifiers or properties or something that
can be used to filter them out.

Any proposal for this, IMO should have a number of well-documented
examples.

CTO 				(540) 361-1714			http://www.python.org