[Zope3-dev] the maintenance of change logs

Martijn Faassen faassen at infrae.com
Fri Sep 22 11:47:38 EDT 2006

Hi there,

I am about to do a new egg release of zc.catalog and will be putting out
other eggs as well (to the cheeseshop as we now have our own category
there).

I notice in the SVN that there have been quite a few changes to
zc.catalog. We do not have any CHANGES.txt or such, so it's very hard
for me to determine what in fact changed without digging through SVN
commit messages and such.

So, I propose we start maintaining CHANGES.txt in packages, and mark
changes there when we make them.

The format I propose is in restructured text, like so:

==================
zc.catalog changes
==================

0.2 (2006-11-22)

Features added

* zc.catalog can now do even more wonderful things.

Bugs fixed

* fixed a bug where zc.catalog wasn't doing the right thing.

What do you think?

Regards,

Martijn