[Zope3-dev] Re: Duplicated zope.decorator in zope.app.container

Christian Theune ct at gocept.com
Mon Sep 25 11:04:59 EDT 2006

Hi,

Jim Fulton wrote:
> Yes, now that you mention it.  Proxies should be as transparent as
> possible.  As such, they shouldn't add additional attributes if they can
> avoid it.  I think it's best to leave things as they are, with a comment
> pointing out that the difference is in the version of getProciedObject
> used.

I wonder if that is only due to the use of proxies for security proxies.
In this case I understand that the proxy needs to be as transparent as
possible to avoid attack vectors on the proxy itself.

For other proxies I could imagine that this isn't true. I think
traversal proxies are one example. They would be fine if they were
translucent not transparent, or not?

Christian