[Zope3-dev] Re: zcml questions

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Mon Sep 25 13:49:22 EDT 2006

Jim Fulton wrote:

> I have a feeling that xpath is overkill.

I wish it was, but I don't think it is..

> It alsoi won't work for
> actions defined in Python.

Wasn't aware you could do this, where can I find examples?

> I'd rather see some sort of identifier system.

But that would mean every piece of zcml would need to have an id
manually assigned as in id with the assigner ensuring that it's unique.
This seems burdensome, xpath feels "right" here, at least imh(umble)o.

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk