[Zope3-dev] Re: ClientForm to a package

Brian Sutherland jinty at web.de
Tue Sep 26 08:02:22 EDT 2006

On Tue, Sep 26, 2006 at 12:02:29PM +0200, Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
> Brian Sutherland wrote:
> > and Debian packages.
>
> I assumed they would not include ClientForm.py but simply depend on it
> via dpkg?

Yep, thats the way it's done, but Zope 3 tarballs come with ClientForm
included.

To remove something from the tarball, you have to know where it is.
It's also easily fixed, but probably only after a re-build, distribution
and user bug reports. Not nice for a bugfix release.

> > Just please don't back-port this.
>
> Of course not.

Great, that was my only point;)

> >> In either case, I would much prefer if we could just depend on it via eggs.
> >
> > +100 (But again, only on trunk.)
>
> Yup. I really think buildout-ifying the Zope 3 checkout is the way to
> go, especially because it would also mean we could get rid of our vendor
> imports of 3rd party stuff and simply depend on them via setuptools. Not
> entirely sure what an installation package of Zope 3 will then look
> like,

More than likely each egg would correspond to a package built from the
source tarball. If you are interested, you can look at my efforts with
the zc.* and hurry.* eggs/packages for the next schooltool release.

The apt-source line is:
deb-src ftp://ftp.schooltool.org/pub/schooltool/archives/debian unstable main

You can install a python-zc.i18n package directly from there.

--
Brian Sutherland

Metropolis - "it's the first movie with a robot. And she's a woman.
              And she's EVIL!!"