[Zope3-dev] Re: zcml questions

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Wed Sep 27 06:17:49 EDT 2006

On Sep 27, 2006, at 2:43 AM, Chris Withers wrote:

> Jim Fulton wrote:
>>> Oh, so some directives have descriminators and others don't?
>> Yes.  Most do.  Soe don't because they don't create actions that
>> conflict with anything else.
>
> Ah, OK. Would it cause any problems to have all actions generate
> descriminators  and only use them for conflict checking for actions
> that should do so?

That's pretty much what I suggested.  The whole point of
discriminators was conflict detection.  That is why I suggested
extending actions to support identifiers that could be used for
overriding or disabling even for actions (or groups of actions) that
don't otherwise conflict.  This id scheme would leverage
discriminators when present.

CTO 				(540) 361-1714			http://www.python.org