[Zope3-dev] Re: Zope 3.3.1 and 3.4

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Thu Sep 28 02:56:31 EDT 2006

Christian Theune wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I saw some updates in the wiki tonight and thought I'll catch up with
> some stuff too.
>
> As I opted to take care for the Zope 3.4 release and Zope 3.3 is out of
> the door since yesterday, I've updated the roadmap.
>
> (Someone correct me if my information is out-dated)
>
> Current focus: Bug fixing Zope 3.3
> ----------------------------------
>
> Currently, we're aiming for a Zope 3.3 bugfix release (3.3.1) in
> November, which is managed by Martijn. Everybody is very encouraged to
> take a look at the collector and fix bugs instead of introducing new
> functionality. Please provide fixes and tests on the trunk and the 3.3
> branch.

... *after* having it fixed on the 3.2 branch *first*. I'm the 3.2
bugfix manager and hope that we can soon have a 3.2.2 bugfix release as
well.

> Next milestone: Zope 3.4
> ------------------------
>
> Due to the late release date for Zope 3.3 and the amount of open bugs,
> Zope 3.4 will be postponed one release cycle and will be released in May
> 2007.
>
> The largest project that I know of that aims for Zope 3.4 will be the
> eggification of Zope 3.
>
> I haven't seen a formal proposal for this yet, but AFAIK this is Jim's pet.
>
> Anybody else with larger features that are planned to go in for Zope 3.4?

I want to make most of the browser:* directives saner in implementation,
without actually changing their behaviour, though. Unless people want to
make their behaviour saner, too ;).