[Zope3-dev] Re: Zope 3.3.1 and 3.4

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Thu Sep 28 04:13:11 EDT 2006

Christian Theune wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
>> I want to make most of the browser:* directives saner in implementation,
>> without actually changing their behaviour, though. Unless people want to
>> make their behaviour saner, too ;).
>
> I wouldn't mind making myself behave saner. :)
>
> As we're at it: I forgot to mention that the Blob project is still alive
> and got some rejuvenation in the last days by making the unit tests
> almost run on windows. (One problem with packing). So upgrading the ZODB
> would be another step.
>
> Something that I imagine could happen alongside the eggification is to
> do a kind of "spring cleaning" and check for the modules that won't be
> core-modules in the future - and decide how people will be able to still
> use them.

Yup.

There are some things in zope.app (e.g. workflow, externaleditor,
zopetop, module, schemacontent) that aren't shipped with a Zope 3
install and don't seem to be maintained anymore. I suggest that if
no-one steps up for them they will simply be deleted.

There are also some things in zope.app that may be maintained but never
shipped. These things don't really belong in zope.app, IMO (boston,
homefolder, styleguide, css) and should probably be moved out.
Discussions with their individual authors/maintainers will be necessary.

Philipp