[Zope3-dev] Re: Python version for Zope 3.4 ?

Martijn Faassen faassen at infrae.com
Thu Sep 28 05:19:21 EDT 2006

Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
> Christian Theune wrote:
>> Morning,
>>
>> Baiju M wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>   What is the target Python version for Zope 3.4, is it Python 2.5?
>>
>> Right now it's still Python 2.4, as Zope 3.4 is scheduled for next year,
>> we should consider using Python 2.5 though.
>
> We should definitely try to *support* Python 2.5, but we can't require
> it till Zope 2 has been "certified" for it.

I don't think we should commit to any official support for more than 1
Python version for a particular Zope. So either we certify Zope 2.11 for
Python 2.5, or we stick to Python 2.4.

My preference would be to get Zope 2.11 up to speed. The last time this
was discussed with Jim, the idea was to try to use Zope 3's security
proxy approach in Zope 2 for Python Script security - Jim and I had some
ideas I need to dredge up from the back of my mind.

Jim, do you remember what was required?

Regards,

Martijn