[Zope3-dev] Python version for Zope 3.4 ?

Martijn Faassen faassen at infrae.com
Fri Sep 29 08:41:29 EDT 2006

Baiju M wrote:
> On 9/29/06, Martijn Faassen <faassen at infrae.com> wrote:
>
>> It's going to be a significant investment of work to make sure
>> everything works with Python 2.5. Either someone credible steps up,
>> convinces us, and does the work, and we all move over to Python 2.5. If
>> they don't, we do it the next cycle.
>
> Initially I asked this question just out of curiosity, because some other
> Python web frameworks already started some efforts [1].
>
> [1] http://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/2771
>     http://trac.turbogears.org/turbogears/wiki/python2.5

It's a good question, of course. We have a *lot* of code to carry over
to Python 2.5 though. Zope 3 is probably doable with moderate effort,
but since we want to keep Zope 3 and Zope 2 in synch, we also need to
port over Zope 2 to Python 2.5, and that looks like it's going to be
much harder.

Regards,

Martijn