[Zope3-dev] Page Template Bug??

Fred Drake fdrake at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 22:30:37 EDT 2007

On 8/7/07, Darryl Cousins <darryl at darrylcousins.net.nz> wrote:
> Perhaps try breaking the string:
>
>         var tpl = "<" + "div> js-template <" + "/div>"
>
> Or something like that. Probably zpt doesn't know about tags within
> javascript strings.

ZPT follows the letter of the law quite strictly in this, since
there's no way to win when applying hueristics to "do the right
thing."  That'll always bite you in the long run, so we decided it's
better to bite up front so problems are detected as early as possible,
and the result is as usable as possible, without having to guess.  It
can be annoying, but you see what you're getting right away.

> Disclaimer: I've never used ExtJS.

This is not specific to ExtJS.

  -Fred