[Zope3-dev] Dependency cleanup: zope.traversing

Christian Theune ct at gocept.com
Wed Aug 15 08:01:32 EDT 2007

Hi,

zope.traversing has a dependency to zope.app.applicationcontroller. This
is because zope.traversing implements the "etc" namespace and has a hard
coded reference to "applicationcontrol" there.

In the same place it also looks up site managers  (in a hard coded way).

As a strategy to remove this dependency we should move the etc namespace
to some other place in zope.app. I did not find reasonable candidates to
move this two. Bad candidates are zope.app.publisher or
zope.app.publication, zope.app.applicationcontrol. A new package could
be created for the etc namespace too, but I'd like to avoid that.

Christian