[Zope3-dev] Re: zope.security problems related to Python 2.5 update? (Was: Removed zope.security 3.4b4)

Christian Theune ct at gocept.com
Wed Aug 15 11:56:45 EDT 2007

Am Mittwoch, den 15.08.2007, 17:52 +0200 schrieb Martijn Faassen:
> Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> > Previously Christian Theune wrote:

> >> This is deeper than I thought. b3 doesn't work either. It looks like the
> >> merge from the branch with support for Python 2.5 is causing the
> >> problems.
> >
> > I can confirm that the last release before the python 2.5 support was
> > added (3.4.0-b2) works correctly.
>
> Just ran into this one. I think removing it is the right decision. b2
> did work for me, but b4 just broke on me.

b5 is available already, so the problem should be over. Just delete b3
and b4 from your egg caches.

I'm not sure that we should have to rely on removing packages like
those. As Tres pointed out we should just avoid that everybody gets
those immediately anyway, but we should keep them as historic releases
in general.

Christian